FoamSpin is designed to measure the ability of a liquid to generate foam by mechanically stirring the liquid. A set of rotating blades produces foam under control of the instrument software. The blades (driven by rotating shaft) turn at speeds up to 6 000 rpm. Actual speed of the blades is measured and controlled continuously by the software.
Maximum rotation speed of the blades depends on viscosity of the liquid being foamed. FoamSpin software will determine persistence of generated foam by measuring variation in its volume, density and drainage rate. The electronic cabinet allows manual control of the stirrer used to produce foam.
Measurements made by FoamSpin
Values measured and displayed in real time:
- Speed of mixing
- Foam volume,
- Volume of sample liquid remaining,
- Foam conductance at four different foam heights,
- Liquid fraction in the foam at for different foam.
Values calculated in real time and displayed upon completion of the experiment:
- Volume of liquid trapped in the foam,
- Foam density,
- Bikerman index,
- Volume stability of the foam,
- Liquid stability of the foam,
- Coefficient of expansion of the foam,
- Capacity for foaming,
- Parameter of retention (for the RUDIN test).
- All instrument operation are controlled by software which runs under Windows XP or Vista
- Minimum volume of liquid sample: 150ml
- Agitation speed : up to 6000 RPM
- No correction factor
- Agitation speed :up to 6000 rpm
- Device friendly and robust construction
- Measuring tubes with jacket to allow temperature control (90°C maximum)
- CSA Option: Bubbles Size Analysis (Cell Size Analysis CSA)
- KLEE Option: Automatic rinsing between experiments
- Sampler Option: Sampling automatic and continuous analysis of 15 samples maximum