The main application of the Aerosol Dilution System DIL 554 is in the verification of test aerosols for testing clean rooms. Guideline EN ISO 14644-3 defines the necessity of appropriate dilution systems when using test aerosols for verification. According to standard VDI 2083 for testing clean rooms and work benches it is compulsory to carry out measurements with increased concentrations in the incoming aerosol.
- Compact stainless steel housing – easy-to-clean
- Enhanced service life
- Mobile use by battery-operation (optional also wall power supply)
In the applied principle that corresponds to the standard VDI 3491-15, particles are removed from the sample according to the specified dilution ratio - the particle size distribution remains unchanged.
Optical particle counters have a physical limit up to which concentration they work accurately. Is this concentration exceeded errors will inevitably occur. By using the dilutor DIL 554 upstream of a particle counter, e.g. LAP 340, a dilution factor of up to 100 can be achieved. Thereby particle concentrations of >106 particles per cf (1cf = 28,3l) can be reduced to 104 per cf. This will put the particle concentration well within the range of standard particle counters.
For higher dilution ratios the diluters of series DIL can be cascaded easily, or alternatively the High Dilution System HDS 561 can be used.
- Designed for mobile use (no auxiliary pressurized air and additional exhaust needed)
- Battery-operated with status indicator, 110...240VDC power supply optional
- number of systems can be cascaded
- Closed system - no additional air necessary, no generation of excessive aerosol
- Vertical flow duct of aerosol guarantees minimal deposition also for coarse particles
- Constant and reproducible aerosol dilution even under changing operation conditions
- Continuous control and display of actual dilution ratio
- Long term lifetime and reliability, minimum maintainance required
- Precise operation in both over and under pressure mode
- Dilution ratio of 1:100 at total flow rate of 28,3l/min
- Modifications to user defined requirements (flow rates, dilution ratio) available
- Along with a particle counter self-priming system
- Dilution systems of series DIL can easily be cascaded in order to achieve higher dilution ratios. For instance by cascading a 1:100 and a 1:10 dilution systeme one gets an overall dilution ratio of 1:1000.
- Validation of laminar air flow boxes/benches and clean room/environments
- Evaluation of filtration efficiency
- Measurement of highly concentrated aerosols
- Basic aerosol research
Click here For Specification
Click Here for more information about Clean Room Validation Equipment